The Super You RunCrew Club is a unique membership designed to support runners of all levels, ages and abilities.
This completely virtual community is about having the coaching, information, tools, inspiration and camaraderie of a whole crew of running buddies, accessible at your fingertips!
Whether you're just getting started or you've been running for years the Super You RunCrew Club can give you the confidence and motivation you need to rock your runs!
Program plans and handouts for all levels from just getting started to the following distances: 5k, 8k, 10k, 1/2 and Marathon
Video and text based lessons on everything from the science of running and injury prevention to nutrition for distance running and mindset! (scroll down to see the entire curriculum).
Follow along strength training, foam rolling, yoga and flexibility videos to help you build functional strength and flexibility to keep you injury free and running well!
Membership in our private Facebook Community for connection, inspiration, camaraderie and support!
Monthly challenges and virtual "events" (read: virtual races, scavenger hunts and theme runs) to inspire you and keep your running mojo going.
Access to the Run Crew Coaches for questions, support and accountability.
Monthly Zoom Calls with Gillian and special guests to learn and grow as a runner (and connect as a virtual crew)!
- Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire & Waiver
- Anything else you think I should know?
- Join the RunCrew Facebook Group!
- Who this program plan is for
- New Runners! Watch this! (Run for Fitness Intro Video)
- Run for Fitness HANDOUT
- Who this program plan is for
- Already running? Watch this! (Run Strong Intro Video)
- The Science of Running Strong
- 5k/8k/10k Training Handout
- Half Marathon Training Handout
- Marathon Training Handout
- June 2020 Challenge: runVIchallenge
- Preparation is everything!
- Footwear 101 (happy feet = happy runner)
- Gear 101 (What you actually need)
- Sports Bra's 101 (Women Only, sorry guys!)
- Dynamic Stretching for Runners
- Running Form 101
- Running Form 201
- Running Cadence Drills to Increase Speed
- Hill Form 101
- Running TMI
- Why Stretch?
- Why Foam Roll?
- Foam Rolling FYI
- Why Strength Train?
- Fuelling Your Run
- Fuelling Your Run HANDOUT
- Fuelling for the Long Run
- Run Inspired!
- Self-Talk 101
- Build a Motivational Mantra
- Build Your Mantra HANDOUT
- My Top 5 Tips to Prevent Injuries
- Common Running Injuries
- How to Deal with Injury (without losing your mind)
- Race Day Run Down (what you really need to know!)
- Race Day RunDown Reminders!
- FYI: Recovery from Running Races
- You Completed Your Event, Now What?
- ONLY watch this the day before an event!
- General Tips for NEW Trail Runners
- Safety on the Trails
- Trail Etiquette
- Gear for the Trail
- General Trail Running Form
- Form Focus: Trail Running Uphill
- Trail Running Downhill
- Resistance Band Workout (instructional video)
- Resistance Band Workout HANDOUT
- Dynamic Strength Circuit (follow along video)
- Dynamic Strength Circuit HANDOUT
- Dynamic Balance + Stability (follow along/ instructional video)
- Core on the Floor 1 - pelvic floor focus (23-minutes)
- Core on the Floor 2 (10-minutes)
- Head to Toe Stretch (follow along video)
- Stretching Handout
- Yoga for a Happy Body (follow along video)
- Foam Rolling for Recovery (follow along video)
- Yin Yoga (follow along video)
- Speed/ Track Workouts
- Hill Workouts
- Before you HIIT the Stairs (FYI lesson)
- HIIT the Stairs Workout (OPTIONAL sub for hill workout)
- June 2020 - Dr. Carmen Luterbach (Naturopath) on Hormones, Energy and Running
What are the pre-requisites to start this program?
Awesome question! No running experience is required! There are programs included to progress you from walking to running at your pace. If you already have this base - there are plans to help you bring your run focus to everything from increasing your pace to going long! There truly is something for every runner!
I don't have any races I want to do, I just need support to get out the door, is that ok?
YES! It's not only OK, it's AWESOME! And can I just say how much I love that you're running just for the love of running?! Fantastic! The programs and this community are all about finding your JOY for the sport. Whether you want to get started, build pace, go long or run to simply run - there is a place for you here!
I've done other "virtual" groups before. What if I join and it's not for me?
I get it. Sometimes it's hard to "connect" in a virtual environment. I think you'll really find a difference in this community. But, if you don't, you are welcome to cancel any time. There's no contract.
Hi! I'm Gillian.
I'm a health + fitness coach with over 20 years experience. I'm a wacky combination of body science nerd, passionate educator and body positive champion.
I've got a degree in Kinesiology (total body science nerd), and am a Registered Personal Trainer, Group Fitness and Yoga Instructor. I'm also TRX certified, and hold my Pre/Post-Natal Certification. I love learning and am always looking for new tools to add to my toolkit!
Growing up I hated running. I got yelled at by my PE teacher for walking on block runs and faked sick on track days. Yup, no joke! I was not an athlete growing up.
I fell in love with running when I was introduced to it by friends at 19. Instead of viewing running as a "workout" or something I "had to do" I began to view it as something I "got to do" and it was game-changing!
Since then I've completed more 5k's and 10k's than I can count, over 20 Half Marathons, many Triathlons (including Ironman Canada), Adventure Races and more.
I legit have a passion for running and helping others bring the JOY of running to their life!
Kate Fisher is an accomplished (and incredibly humble) athlete who also knows the JOY of running. She's got an athletic and coaching background in track and cross-country and has personally qualified for Boston Marathon. I'd say she's got some running "chops." She also has a great attitude and awesome outlook on life and we're really fortunate to have her!
Danielle Brazeau is also an accomplished (and incredibly humble) athlete (I see a trend). From 5k's to Marathons, Tough Mudder's and Half Ironman - she's done it all! She's known in the Crew for her wildly positive attitude, kind heart and casual badassary. She truly rounds out our Coaching Crew and we're grateful to have her.